19th Mar 2019
34th GST Council Meeting was held on 19th Mar 2019.
GST Council members met via video conferencing to discuss and pass the circulars drafted for rate cuts on affordable and non-affordable housing under construction.
18th March 2019
34th GST Council Meeting is to be held tomorrow
GST Council members will meet via video conferencing to discuss and pass the circulars drafted for rate cuts on affordable and non-affordable housing under construction.
24th February 2019
- The 33rd GST council meet was held on 24th February 2019.
- The due date to file GSTR-3B for the month of January 2019 has been extended up to 22nd February 2019*
*subject to notification being issued by CBIC.For the State of Jammu & Kashmir, due date is 28th February 2019.
10th February 2019
The next meeting-33rd GST Council meeting is scheduled to be held on 20th February 2019 via Video Conferencing.
It will be chaired by the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. Real estate and export sector to be in limelight.
This will be the first one after the Interim Budget 2019.
10th January 2019
32nd GST Council meeting was held at New Delhi and chaired by Shri Arun Jaitley. Announcements made was a big relief to MSMEs and small traders.
The key takeaways of the 32nd GST Council meeting are as follows:
- Increase in GST registration limit from Rs 20 lakhs up to Rs 40 lakhs for suppliers of goods.
- Changes in the existing composition scheme made by increasing the turnover limit to join the scheme up to Rs 1.5 crores, tax payments to be made quarterly and returns to be filed annually starting 1st April 2019.
- New composition scheme is introduced for service providers and those who supply services along with goods; the Turnover limit set is Rs 50 lakhs and the Tax rate is fixed at 6%.
- No rate cuts were announced this time. GoMs were formed to study taxation of under-construction properties & lotteries.
- Calamity cess up to 1% for up to 2 years will be charged for supplies made within the State of Kerala.
22nd December 2018
31st GST Council meeting was held on 22nd December 2018; Some rate cuts, Decisions to extend filing of GSTR-9,9A and 9C upto 30th June 2019, New return filing to be made applicable on trial basis from 1st April 2019 and many more were announced.
8th December 2018
CBIC extends due date for filing GSTR-9, GSTR-9A and GSTR-9C from 31st December 2018 till 31st March 2019 for FY 2017-18.
8th December 2018
Next 31st GST Council meeting to be held on 22nd December 2018 at Delhi.
28th November 2018
Due dates for filing GSTR-1, GSTR-3B and GSTR-4 have been extended in those places which were affected by cyclones Titli and Gaza: